This just in from SAWS:
Stage 2 Watering Rules Have Returned
After a fall and winter in Stage 1 and little rainfall, Edwards Aquifer levels have continued to drop, and San Antonio is now in Stage 2 Watering Rules. Here's a little refresher on Stage 2 Watering Rules:
1. Landscape watering with an irrigation system, sprinkler, or soaker hose is permitted only on your designated day once a week from 7-11 a.m. and 7-11 p.m.
2. Hand watering with a hand-held hose is allowed any day, any time.
3. Watering with drip irrigation or a 5-gallon bucket is permitted any day, but only between 7-11 a.m. and 7-11 p.m.
4. Washing impervious cover (i.e., parking lots, driveways, streets, etc.) is prohibited.
5. Water waste is prohibited at all times. Allowing water to run off into a gutter, ditch, drain, or failing to repair a controllable leak is considered water waste.
6. Residential car washing is allowed on Saturday or Sunday as long as there is no water waste.
Note: These restrictions will continue until there is an announcement in the newspaper that Stage 2 has been canceled or that Stage 3 rules are in effect. For watering recommendations and other timely tips, visit GardenStyleSA and you can contact us for a free irrigation system consultation. If you have questions, contact the SAWS Conservation Department at 210-704-SAVE (7283).